I’ve read some great blog posts, books and magazine articles and started listening to new podcasts in June. I hope this gives you some fun inspiration for new things to try.
It’s no secret that Iran is in my top 5, maybe even top 3, could even be top 2 countries I want to visit. I just imagine it to be a stunningly beautiful places with so much history. Of course when I found out that 2 friends had been there, I asked them a million questions. Mrs S has a great travel blog where she wrote about her time in Iran. Click here to have a read.
I’m constantly reading travel articles and tips. Lonely planet have a broken down a really cool list of places to try in 2017. I may not get to any this year, but a girl can start planning for next year right? Click here to see the lonely planet article
June Books and Podcasts
I read and listened to some brilliant books in June. My housemate recommended reading ‘American gods’, which turned out to be a weird and exciting trip through mythologies of the past. Then I saw the hype around ‘the Handmaid’s Tale’, and I knew I had to read that before watching the show. An eerie dystopian future which genuinely freaked me out.
‘My Dad wrote a Porno’ is a podcasts, which is exactly as the title describes. Jamie Morton discovers his dad has written a porno and proceeds to dissect the book with two of his best mates. I recently discovered it and it is hilarious. I listen to it whilst running in the morning and sometimes have to pause it whilst I figure out how to breath properly again after laughing too much. highly recommended.
- American Gods – Neil Gaiman
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood (blog post coming soon)
- My Dad wrote a porno – Find it on iTunes or any good podcast app
June Blogs and Vlogs
Of course blogs and vlogs are included, whether it’s hair & beauty, fashion, lifestyle, books or family. They are approachable, down to earth, informative and just fun to read. My favourites for this month are:
- Nappy4u – She’s teaching me so much about my 4c hair, and has the best personality
- In the frow – Amazing personality, great fashion and I love that she’s doing more vlogs now.
- Freddie Harrel – Honestly this woman is one of my favourite people on social media. She just seems to confident and fabulous. This post is all about fraud syndrome
I hope you’ve enjoyed my first ever favourites post. Let me know what you think.